Re: Bin Laden Dead
Old 05-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #51
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Bin Laden Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
America could cure cancer and we'd see posts about how unfair America is to malignant tumors.
Then I guess that just depends on if they waterboarded the cancer out of the patients, and what your definition of 'patient' is.

Anyways - seriously - I was obviously pretty excited that he's dead. Now, i didn't shout any type of 'hooray', or show any type of outward excitement like that. But internally, it's good to know that he isn't breathing anymore.

I put this on par with the death of Hitler. Obviously they did very different things, in a relatively similar manner - but the death of each is sort of the nail in the coffin.

I personally don't feel right celebrating the death of another human being, because I personally feel that nomatter what someone has done, nomatter how bad - they should have to live with the consequences, not die with them. I'd personally have rather seen Osama (And Saddam, for that matter), live the rest of their lives in jail. Solitary confinement, even. Death is what they expect. Death is what they prepare for. They know if they get captured, they will most likely die. They prepare for this. They warp their idea of their faith to reflect this. Keeping them alive would defy them of what they believe in. That is what I would have wished for him. Personally.

Anyways, to all the people who are creaming their pants with the "Why was he buried so fast" etc. Obviously his body was dumped so fast and anonymously so that nobody could recover the body and construct some type of shrine. What would you rather they do with the body? Put it in the Smithsonian as "The person who was held accountable for the death of thousands of people, and a global war"?

Anyways. Rot. I hope Osama Bin Laden's afterlife is nothing like he imagined.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.