Re: New TV trailers
Old 10-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Default Re: New TV trailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGremlin View Post
I don't know, I didn't watch. Just saw the commercials and was turned off by the Dino CGI.

Is it just me, or is Jurassic Park 10 times better than all these new movies using CGI to make the dinosaurs? CGI fucking sucks. Go rewatch Jurassic Park. I think they used a lot of robot-animation stuff. That movie is tiiiiigggghhht.

I mean Jurassic Park holds up better than The Matrix.
Right, pretty much any close up shot of a dinosaur in Jurassic Park is a Stan Winston animatronic, except for possibly the eyes. So during the inital T-Rex encounter scene, most of the shots of it are animatronic. The scene where they see the Brachiosaurs for the first time, is CG. As a rule: Entire Dinosaur = CG, while Part of Dinosuar = Animatronic. Although some of the Raptor shots near the end may be exceptions, there may be shots in there that are the full raptor and they may be animatronic. The baby raptor hatching from the egg = animatronic. The Triceratops is fully animatronic. The Galymimus herd is CG. You can pretty much tell. And I totally agree, the Dinosuars actually look worse today than they did in the original Jurassic Park, which is pretty astounding when you consider that movie is almost 20 years old.