Thread: Thor
View Single Post

Re: Thor
Old 06-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #21
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Thor

I actually saw this before I saw X-Men, just didn't post.

This was a fun, campy movie. They could have toned down some of the CGI or shortened the beginning a bit, and the earth stuff was the best so they could have added onto that...but it seemed like a semi-tight budget film with a very small earth set with the rest of the budget being put towards the CGI stuff.

Honestly, in terms of plot, build up, or a "bad guy," this movie fell very short...but again, it made up for it with some fun tongue in cheek stuff.

Chris Hemsworth is sexy and funny too. He has charisma.

I really think they (Hollywood) need to give Marvel and DC a rest...because my top 5 comic book movies has not really budged and a lot of new movies have come out. For reference:

1) Dark Knight
2) Sin City
3) Hell Boy
4) Batman Begins
5) Cage match between Iron Man and Spiderman 2 and X2, in an ideal world I'd just have a "top 4"

This list is basically cemented at this point, and it does not seem to want to budge. So take a note Hollywood, go...do something else.

Edit: actually, in reflecting on my 5 pick, I'd say that X-Men 2 was a much better movie than Spiderman 2 just on the basis that it aged better (the spidey films have really poorly aging CGI for some reason). Also I think the plot is a bit better....and Ian McKellen as Magneto <3. Iron Man is a stupid fun film, and it wins you over because Robert Downey Jr. is a charismatic guy, but X2 is still the better film. So yeah.

Last edited by KillerGremlin : 06-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.