Re: Occupy Wallstreet
Old 11-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #53
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: Occupy Wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylflon
So yes, in some cases I will be willing to concede that I take little issue with laws about private space (concerning commercial areas, not a random person's home as you imply later in your post) when the issues at stake are about the basic rights and freedoms of a population being put second to the interests of corporations and financial institutions.

To imply that I support tyranny is a very childish jump in logic and a very weak way to try and invalidate my opinion.
So, the scenario you support begs two questions: who decides when it is acceptable to overrule laws? Who decides the definition of "basic rights and freedoms of a population?"

Quote:
They're occupying the space where those responsible for the destruction of thousands of lives reside.
Please explain.

Quote:
And people in power spend more time trying to convince everyone that protesters are lunatics or criminals than they do listening to what they have to say.
What are they saying? It seems as though we've agreed that the protesters do not have a concise or clear message, so how is one supposed to discern what they are saying in a coherent fashion?