View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Spoilers tags are for stuff that happens in the comic.

I wasn't blown away by the first ep but I was downright disappointed by the 2nd. And more from the perspective of it being an AMC show (which I hold to higher standards) than straying so far away from the comic.

When they said they were going to change things from the comic, I thought it would be more to move things around or fix pacing issues, and any changes would be improvements. Been lurking on the IMDb boards. Every problem with the show non readers seem to have is with everything they've changed, so it's not just me nerdraging.

New characters:
Racist redneck.
A guy named T-Dog. T-Dog? Really? It was one thing if he just called himself that but I cringed when Dale referred to him by that name over the radio.
The city planner who's only purpose was to provide a couple minute sewer scene. Might as well have not even been there.
The other guy was ok I guess. Just there.

The zombies are way too cognitive. Using a rock to break the window? Climbing fences? How are they going to stay in the prison later when there was basically just one big fence protecting them?

Editing error with T-Dog. He was with them when they were chopping up the body after which Rick gives him the key. But then when everyone runs back on the roof, he's already there sitting on the ground across from Dixon where he was earlier.

Pretty bad acting all around. Though funny enough I think Rick acted more Rick like this ep. Glen is the closet to his comic book counterpart. I don't remember how Andrea acted this early.

They keep hitting us over the head with the affair. It's like every AMC show I watch they make it point for you to hate the wife. Was a lot more gradual in the comic making you wonder about what the deal with Shane was before actually revealing it.

Last edited by Teuthida : 11-08-2010 at 08:04 PM.