View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 12-31-2020, 12:35 AM   #1435
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I've only got 1 bar of 4G cell signal as my internet option. I've used xplornet in the past and it really is the most terrible thing. I'm on the waiting list for Starlink.

Because of my internet woes I've watched a lot of the movies the last two years.

@Ginkasa
The Princess Bride is a classic. It has a lot of depth, and commentary on the world.

Uncut Gems was a hard watch but also one of the best movies of late.
After rewatching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I now think it's Tarantino's best film. A more mature piece of work.

Bad Santa with Mel Gibson is a good Christmas flick. There's a subtle reference to Scrooged.

On the Rocks - I had high hopes for this movie since I consider Lost in Translation to be one of my all time favourites. Sophia Coppola has my respect for that. On the Rocks was meh. Decent but forgettable.

The Lighthouse - What a good art house film. Definitely a movie to rewatch at some point.

Knives Out was excellent.

The Trip to Greece - I'm a fan of all four in the series. Trip to Spain being my favourite.

Honest Thief - Good Neelson fun.

Black Bear - Aubrey whats her name from Parks & Rec. Good movie. Didn't know where it was going at first.

The Way Back - A good AA movie about redemption.

Tenet - Thought it was crap. Same wild mechanisms as Inception. Similar vibe to the TV series The Night Manager, which I preferred more.

Lupin III The First (2019) First CGI Lupin movie. I like Lupin III so the formula is there and it works for me.

edit:
For more recent movies, I highly recommend Bad Times at the El Royale (2018).

Looking forward to the next season of Peaky Blinders, Cobra Kai, Always Sunny in Philly

And the new Grand Tour special that recently came out. Classic Clarkson

Last edited by Seth : 12-31-2020 at 12:40 AM.