View Single Post

Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill
Old 03-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: House Passes Healthcare Bill

Quote:
That will be very interesting. The problem now, is that if someone doesn't have insurance, and goes to the ER.. and can't afford to pay their bill... then society as a whole here has to pay for that person. Since the single person without insurance is burdoning the rest of society by not having insurance, is it wrong for there to be a penalty given by society for this action?
Maybe I'm being jaded because I'm Canadian, and you know - nice, ( ) but thats how I believe it should have been going for you guys the whole time.

Any emergency surgery, or needed procedure should be covered by the government/taxes if the person can't pay for it themselves. Every aesthetic procedure is covered by the person who wants it.

What's so bad about helping those who need the help? If my taxes help some little 5 year old with a poor family get heart surgery so he can see his 6th birthday, I have no problem with that. If my tax money also goes to help some college kid who needs life-saving surgery, I still have no problem with that.

I have trouble actually figuring out why people have a problem with this kind of healthcare. Maybe it's because I already have this healthcare.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Last edited by Typhoid : 03-23-2010 at 02:57 PM.