View Single Post

Re: Horror Movie Month (The Evil Dead)
Old 10-09-2009, 04:39 AM   #25
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Horror Movie Month (The Evil Dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
The Exorcist wasn't that great.

Friday the 13th was an interesting movie. The remake not the original.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe, we could finally watch let the right one in.
You didn't like The Exorcist? Boo on you. Perhaps you missed the movies underlying and most frightening theme...
-You either believe in God and therefore the events in the Exorcist are true and all the more terrifying
-You don't believe (or, in the case of the movie, you don't want to believe), but you want to believe because if you don't believe you realize life is meaningless and when you die you become worm food.

The movie is really a battle of believing in Good/Evil or believing in dark eternal eternity. I'd say that's pretty fuckin' scary! Also the movie is loaded with ooey gooey symbolism. The Exorcist has a lot of depth, it's a layered horror film. The movie is surely dated but when you look at all the themes, the news stories in the real word discussing supposed Exorcisms, the Biblical history of Exorcism, and the notion of life after death....well, then the movie really blossoms IMO.

Anyway, my suggestion.....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/para...contentReviews

Everybody go out to the theaters and see Paranormal Activity! It is getting rave reviews and looks scary as fook! I plan on seeing it this upcoming week....it's limited release but big cities seem to have it (yay for Chicago!).