Re: Citizenship at Birth
Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #10
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Citizenship at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
So in your opinion, is illegal immigration even an issue? Because that post makes it sound like you don't really want it to stop, or like you're unwilling to take the proper steps to prevent it.

Uhh...what.

I haven't said anything about agreeing with illegal immigration.
I can only assume you're saying that I might agree with it because I haven't said I disagreed with it.

So while I'm saying I disagree with illegal immigration, I'll also say I hate racism, homophobes, religious zealots, murderers and rapists. You know, just so I don't get accused of being a Queer-jew-hating catholic who condones priests raping and murdering little boys. Just covering my bases. Animal cruelty sucks, too. So does destroying the environment. I'm also not a fan of people hunting endangered species, or Space Exploration budget cuts. I don't like North Korea threatening nukes, and I don't like people forcing children to be soldiers in Africa.

Just to be clear.

I've stated - you shouldn't remove the incentives. You should solve the problem. This gets them to feel like they've accomplished something [if it goes through], when really they haven't.

And if you're going to remove incentives, go all or nothing, don't pick and choose. Lower wages, remove housing. Make English mandatory for everything.

But honestly - and I mean this in the nicest way possible - if you can't pick up what I'm saying [because I've said it a couple times ridiculously clearly] then I definitely can't explain "I don't agree with removing it, because the children technically did nothing wrong, and it's unfair to punish them for their parents mistakes" any more than I have.

If someone is born in your country, you are that nationality. It's all you've ever been.
A faster solution would be to deport the family after birth if you find them giving birth in your hospital when they arrived there illegally. Removing citizenship is not the way to do it.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.