View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #1378
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I don't think Lord of the Rings has aged as well as I remember the experience for the first time in the theaters.

At some point...I need to sit down and rewatch the trilogy, along with Star Wars. I knocked out Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and Back to the Future a few months ago. Along with the Alien "Quadrilogy" in anticipation for Prometheus.

I should probably do Die Hard as well, in anticipation for the new Die Hard movie...which looks really dumb. But Live Free or Die Hard was okay, so I can't be too cynical.

I still haven't seen The Hobbit and I'm kind of putting it off. The playoffs are going to keep me out of the theater, methinks. And Django was a 3 hour movie...so yeah.

There's a lot of potential renters our right now. I don't particularly give a fuck about Les Miserables, but I'm sure it's good. RENT. Jack Reacher looks stupid, but I bet it's fun if you just want to get drunk and eat popcorn. RENT. This is 40 just looks depressing, I don't even know if I want to rent that shit. I have absolutely no desire to see Lincoln...I'd rather just history channel the real shit. Jim from The Office and Matttttt Dammmmon are definitely pulling for RENT with Promise Land. Parental Guidance is a reminder that Billy Crystal needs to go get more botox and then retire. What a washed up, unfunny, actor.

I still need to rent Paranormal 4 so I can be like, "why?"

And even though "A Huanted House" and "Texas Chainsaw 3D" both look pretty bad...they look bad in a good way. Like...I get to eat popcorn, turn my brain off, and laugh. So I may catch those flix in the theater.

Gangster Squad has to be decent with the cast it has, right? That movie has been hyped up like crazy...I'm hoping it's more gritty than the previews are leading on, and that there is more gangster grit than Ryan Gosling "come hither" moments and finger banging. We get it, Emma Stone and Gosling are hot.

Oh...and I still need to see Hitchcock. Probably a renter in that one too.

It's not a bad time for movies, which is bad, because it's not a bad time for TV shows either. Tooooo much to watch.