View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #1368
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Last movies you saw

I really enjoyed OHMSS as well. I watched it around the time that my buddy and I were playing No One Lives Forever 2.

Spoilers? who hasn't seen it yet though>>

Skyfall was sooo pretty. It culminated so well with the scottish homestead setting. agghh I'll probably go see it again because I enjoyed it that much. I really enjoyed the nostalgia comment that the ride with M signified, as well as the improv fight at his family's estate.

The opening for the movie fell short due to lack of thematic congruence. We were presented with the different set pieces of the film, like a chronological story board and I felt it was inappropriate in terms of Bond openings. The song was nice enough but it just didn't feel right.

I hear you Vampyr on the flat, depressed bond. It kind of makes sence in relation to quantum of solace and the idea that the service hasn't exactly been kind to him.

Something about the opening train-action scene was off. Maybe after watching the Great Train Robbery where Connery literally risked his life, ducking tunnels and all, it made the camera cut back and fight scene style not as grand.. I mean, they biked across the rooftop of the bazaar and it ended with a rather poor cinematography/director choice.
All in all the cinematography was soooo amazing.

Last edited by Seth : 01-21-2013 at 01:04 PM.