View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 06-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #1419
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Last movies you saw

The Art of the Steal

High Road to China - (Selleck, Bess) cool classic. Lots of memorable lines.

Defiance (2008) - Had a good story to draw from. What's her name from Lawless is cuuuuute.

Bad Lieutenant - Herzog makes it a great romp through post Katrina NO. Great ending. I thought Cage did a good job..

Everything Must Go - I liked it the second time through. Similar subdued Ferrell.

42 - had to watch this again. In grade 6 we read a great book about a Chinese immigrant family and the daughter who gets hooked on baseball, living in Brooklyn. Jackie Robinson's first year. Sammy and Marc went on the homerun race that season as well. Serbia was bombed.

Beyond Outrage - I love Beat Takano. His yakuza films fill a void every now and then.

Princess Mononoke - I forgot how good this is. One of my first full length animations as a younger lad. Wow. Really makes me anxious to see The Wind Rises.

Sabata - The trilogy starring Lee Van Cliff. (Angel Eyes off of Good, Bad, & Ugly) This is spaghetti but good. Has a similar template between films 1 & 2. Haven't seen Adios Sabata yet.

The Legend of 1900 - A rather large metaphor.

The Perfect Host (2010) - Niles off of Frasier plays a great host. I had to watch it twice.

Welcome to the Jungle - different film for JCVD. Goofy, fun.

Zelary - Great German movie about WWII.

Dallas Buyer's Club - Better than I thought it would be.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - fun fun. Can't wait for Zoolander 2

Kelly's Heroes - Dirty dozen style caper

25th Hour - Carbon, vintage Edward Norton circa early 2000's. Quite enjoyed. Reminded me I have a bunch of Philip Seymour Hoffman movies yet to see.

Owning Mahowny - Philip S Hoffman is addicted to gambling. Based on true story of a gambling man from Toronto set in early 1980's.

The Savages (2007) - Hoffman in this great film about death and family.

The Hunt - Good German movie about group think and dealing with false accusations.

Death and the Maiden 1994 - Richard Dreyfus and Weaver in a "single location" style film. I've seen Sexy Beast a couple times now and love the restriction that the single location offers. Focus on character and relation charging.

Crystal Fairy - Wasn't that good. A redemption premise where protagonist turns a leaf and becomes a better person. The asshole was painted on pretty thick though and it made the whole casts' journey into a letdown. Miscast and aimed at a specific audience...(younger?)

The Hill - Sean Connery all hunked in the 60's. Drill Sergeant movie.

Johnny Dangerously - Goofy fun. Recommend for Michael Keaton fans etc

Gung Ho Working Class Man- Keaton again, in a sub genre defined by period. Late 80's early 90's western lense into Japanese culture. Another film similar to this but later in the 90's is titled "Shower". From 1998 I believe.

Big Bad Wolves - I had muted high hopes for this. Tarantino recommended it best film from 2013 so.... Its saying stuff about Israel and what it is to exist rationally/irrationally and how family behaves. Power relations. ugghhh pretty tough premise to like.

My Cousin Vinny - What's her name from Boyle's The Wrestler.... she's hottt as a car expert. Dyammmn

Funny Farm (1988) - Chevy Chase, one that I'd skip...

The Bridge on the River Kwai - It had been 10 years or so since I last saw it. Fricken superb movie. I get reminded of the Royal Cdn Air Farce skit with the explosive dentures.

From Russia with Love - I never saw it through before now. Great Bond film.