View Single Post

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #127
Keatonmr
Baron

Now Playing:
Default Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakABone View Post
Hmm a preference for comics over trades?
Interesting.
And maybe you will be interested in the next GT Group Read, it is going to be Ex Machinia, we were just gonna wait until it was done.

Read, awesome stuff.
Read, one of my favorites.
Read, good stuff
Read, not a huge fan
Want more information on The Sword.
Still reading, good stuff
Enjoyable
Eh
And what is Irredeemable?

What games do you have for your consoles?
Overall I'd say I prefer comics over trades, but it really depends. If a series is well into its storyline before I hear about it, like Walking Dead, I just wait for trades. No sense in trying to find all the issues haha. I get issues if they might seem profitable because comics have potential to go up in value, whereas graphic novels do not. That being said, I'm not really into the hobby for the profit (though I do want to open up a comic book shop when I retire), it's more of a passtime really.

I'd love to join you guys for Ex Machina. It's written by Brian K. Vaughan, one of my favorite writers. Y: The Last Man is one of my favorite series of all time, and Ex Machina is shaping up to be the same way. I have the first 8 volumes and volume 9 comes out in May.

The Sword is a nice little graphic novel by the Luna Brothers. The art is very unique, as is the story. It centers around a paralyzed girl, Dara I believe, who finds a mystical sword and can mysteriously walk again. She soon discovers the history of the sword with some dire consequences. It's a 4 volume series, the first 3 of which have been released. Volume 4 should be out sometime within the next few months because the series is two issues from being done.

Irredeemable is basically a what if? story by Mark Waid. The plot is based around what would happen if a superhero heard people talking bad about him, and it caused him to go nuts. The Plutonian used to be the world's greatest superhero, but has now turned into its greatest villain. The first two volumes are out, and I don't believe the series plans on stopping anytime soon. Personally, I really enjoy the counterpart series, Incorruptible. Incorruptible is more or less the exact opposite. It's about Max Damage, a villain gone hero. He's got a female sidekick named Jailbait, for obvious reasons. Both series have potential in my eyes.

And as far as console games go, I have Super Smash Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Mario Kart and Wii Sports for my Wii. I have Rock Band 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, The Darkness, Burnout Paradise, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, The Orange Box, Fallout 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, Oblivion, and Mortal Kombat vs. DCU for my 360