View Single Post

Re: The Dark Knight Rises
Old 10-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

That title smells like marketing. I know Christopher Nolan must have enough clout at this point that he could have any title he wants, so I really have to wonder about this. The Dark Knight Rises? The same title as the last film with "Rises" added to the end? Really, does anybody think he's not going to rise?

As for villains, I've already told BAB that I'm not too worried as long as it isn't Hush (a.k.a. Most Generic Batman Villain Possible). The only other villain who doesn't have superpowers is the Penguin, and he wouldn't be bad. Of course, they might decide to turn one of the villains into a realistic version, like perhaps a master of disguise named Clayface.

What would be interesting is if they did the Red Hood storyline. Obviously, it wouldn't be the resurrected Jason Todd, but the same kind of story could still explore the nature of Batman's vigilante activities and his willingness to kill. Or they could bring in the Huntress as another vigilante for him to tangle with. Plus she would bring a female into the cast.

But here's my bold prediction: the villain will be Catwoman. That's all. No, she's not really enough to carry the movie all by herself, but she doesn't have to. After all, Batman Begins wasn't about Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul. It was about Batman. The Joker overshadowed Batman in The Dark Knight, but in this third film we now have a chance to return back to the main character who is really the most interesting of them all.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed