View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #179
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
I do encourage you to check out the comics. You don't even need to read up to issue 90.
I think right here is why there's so much bias against the show. There's been what, like....11 episodes on TV? Where as if the comic was a show, it'd have been going on for like 6-7 years.

I think one of the main things is that comic books are aimed at a pretty niche market, where as TV is generally aimed at everyone. Houswives, old people, that type of thing. For example, my mom absolutely loves the Walking Dead. It's her favourite show that's on right now. She loves the intensity of it, and the seeming bleakness in all of the characters. She's never even had a negative thing to say about the show. And I think that right there is the divide in the audience. You're watching a not-carbon-copy remake, she's watching an original show. she has absolutely no idea it was a thing before this show.

Quote:
The hanging tree zombie scene...was it dark? To me, not really.
I'm not sure, but did you miss the point of that scene, though? (I always forget his name), Merle's brother was totally cool with leaving the dude there, where Andrea felt sympathy for the human being behind the zombie who killed himself to escape the world not only because A) she wants to kill herself and escape the world and B) her sister was a zombie. The scene definitely wasn't "dark", but it was more of a character realization moment. I think Andrea realized that if she wants to kill herself, that's how she's going to end up. Maybe. I don't know.

Quote:
(plus, the entire time I was wondering if that was the same tent they found earlier. And if it was, how did a new zombie get in the tree? And if that was a new tent they found, why didn't the explore the inside of the tent and around the campsite? This inconsistent writing is rampant and it starts to weigh heavy on you after a while).
The zombie didn't hang himself...the human being hung himself. There is aneasy possibility that the human could have been away from the tent at the time (if it was the same one, which I'm totally sure it wasn't anyhow) - but yeah - the zombie didn't get hung, the human dude hung humself, and zombies came by and ate his legs as he hung there, thusly turning him into a zombie.

Personally, I think you should stop expecting it to be like the comics. Didn't they already say they were going to make it different? That right there means that you (general) should immediately stop the comparisons. I've never heard anyone compare the Star Wars episode 1 book to the Star Wars episode 1 movie, because they're different things - or even any Batman cartoons/comics to Batman movies. "In episode 42 Robin was there to fight the joker, but in the dark knight where the fuck was Robin? THIS MOVIE IS SHIT. HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES DOING. HOW DARE HE DIFFER FROM WHAT I WAS PREVIOUSLY USED TO!!"

Again, I just feel like I need to defend the show, I've seen soooo many people be needlessly harsh on it just because it's either not what they expected from what they created in their mind while reading the comics, or because they're far ahead in the comics, and the differences in canon are maybe freaking people out. I don't mean on this site alone. I just see so much negative feedback for the show, and it pisses me off, because there comes a point where too much negative feedback typically leads to a show getting cancelled - and I really want to see this shit through to the end. With the show, if the show gets cancelled, I won't read the comics, because if there are actually large differences between them, I won't really consider them the same Universe.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.