View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #178
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
What the fuck Otis, have you learned nothing?

You'd think after the deer fiasco, the dumbass would stop pointing his gun at other living people.

Typhoid, I think your opinion is 100% valid, but I still feel like the acting has been....I dunno. Not great?

Also, does anyone else think Lori is like anorexic thin? Maybe her body isn't my type. I go for the super thin chicks sometimes, but in my opinion she needs more cushion for the pushin'.

The Walking Dead is all about evil people, not evil zombies. I don't want a show that is 50 minutes of killing zombies. Like I said, I'm happy that they are finally pushing for something dark with Shane.

Season 1, Episode 1 was the darkest episode. The whole house scene with Morgan and Duane was what I wanted from the show. That episode was dark, claustrophobic, and left you with a sense of slow, impending doom. I wish they would have gone back to the suburbs before going to the farm, because the small set pieces have worked well for the show.

The whole city sequence and the current group is pretty sub-par. Episode 2 was solid with the tank scene and the horse. But the Merle crap was annoying. The Grand Theft Walking Dead with the old people made no sense and didn't remotely fit in the context of the universe. And the Ed-Shane stuff was dull.

So here is a comic book, dark as they come where "no one is safe," and a TV show that starts off with great expectations after Episode 1 of Season 1 and then turns into something pretty standard. If anything, The Walking Dead is on par with your average zombie flicks. It hasn't tapped any dark subjects like Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later.

Sophia has been a misstep in Season 2, but this week's episode is a good step forward. I honestly think this season is looking up...

I do encourage you to check out the comics. You don't even need to read up to issue 90. You can stop after the prison. They introduce a guy...the Governor. The guy made #86 on IGN's top 100 comic book villain list.

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/86.html

Zombies, the apocalypse, and surviving...are all the backdrop to the cold hard reality. The cold hard reality that humans are way more terrifying than flesh eating undead. And that we are mindless consumerists, lol (thanks Romero). I don't get that impression so much with the show so far. The hanging tree zombie scene...was it dark? To me, not really. It felt more like Romero-comedy-camp. I guess the Walking Dead writers forced an "epiphany moment" out of that scene for Andrea. But I wasn't all that impressed. (plus, the entire time I was wondering if that was the same tent they found earlier. And if it was, how did a new zombie get in the tree? And if that was a new tent they found, why didn't the explore the inside of the tent and around the campsite? This inconsistent writing is rampant and it starts to weigh heavy on you after a while).

But the good, dark, nitty-gritty stuff is looking up. We got Shane, Hershel, and mutant well-zombies based on the preview of the next episode. Should be good.

Last edited by KillerGremlin : 11-01-2011 at 06:02 AM.