View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #174
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

I've been meaning to reread the comics. I read 30 issues or so last winter before I got distracted with school. I have a feeling it's just gonna bug me.

So far none of the characters have really been fleshed out in terms of feelings, motivations, and their past. They all act like idiots, are overly dramatic. And right now in the TV Show Dale, Andrea, Carl, Carol, Sophia, Lori, and Shane are all characters that suck and I don't care if they die. The big plot devices to move the episode forward this season have been finding Sophia and Carl being shot. Rick's behaviors have become caricatures, and I just see forced drama and bad writing, not real character development.

So having said all that, Shane is actually being made into a real sonofabitch and I at least appreciate that step forward. His acting is still way over-the-top (scene outside the house by the truck when he comes back home without Otis). But Shane is the first character to actually have that "dark tone" from the comic book, because EVERYTHING ELSE in the show so far has been a sunny walk in the park.

I've been to a few messages boards/Reddit and people are freaking out about Shane. Like "OMG I can't believe he did that, that's the most crazy thing I've ever seen" freaking out. o_O

If the general public reaction to Shane killing Otis (remember, Rule #1 Cardio) is to freak out, then how would the general public react to Lori and the baby being massacred? This show is never going to go full dark.