View Single Post

Re: "Nuclear Wessels!" The Star Trek Movie!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #25
Ric
Former King Of The Arcade

Now Playing: Battle Pirates / Warface / Minecraft
Default Re: "Nuclear Wessels!" The Star Trek Movie!

I just saw this myself and as a minor Trek fan, oh and bare in mind that in the last week before seeing this I watched the first 10 movies, I thought this film was great.

Angrist... go and see this film my friend, seriously you will not regret it. I thought it was great and I am usually very critical of such things.

*SPOILERS*

I see what ProfS is saying about Nero. I figured he was pissed because he blamed spock for the destruction of Romulus, a gigantic star was exploding nearby and spock was too late to save the day. Nero being a survivor and the captain of a mere Romulan mining crew/vessle. His goal to make the entire Vulcan race suffer. He captured Spocks vessle and mis-used the technology originally designed to save Romulus. Nero did seem like a bit of an afterthought to tie everything together though.

My favourite in the film was Zachary Quinto's (Sylar's) portrayal of Spock. I thought he was great, looked like him, acted like him, spoke like him, great. This guy is fast becoming one of my new and favourite actors. The parts with Leonard Nemoy were great too. 'You have always been and forever shall be my friend, Jim'

And speaking of the man, Kirk I mean. I thought the actor done a pretty good job. Two of my favourite scenes being when he steals his dads car as a kid (technically a different person I suppose) and the other being when he has a fight in the bar.

I also noticed many main story lines and events that were unchanged. If you watch old star trek, the characters, especially Kirk, often relate tales of their history and up bringing. These things have been remembered which is good. Even the big test they had to do. Actually on that note however I dont remember them saying he actually passed it in the new film, just that the council were gonna decide on the matter, In star trek history Kirk is reveared as being the only one ever to beat it.

*END SPOILERS*