View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 08-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #1206
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Went on a renting spree and ended up doing the 50-50 with the gf....so here's my report.

Cedar Rapids - Really cute, I enjoyed this film quite a bit. John C. Reilly is absolutely spectacular, and Ed Helms seems like he has a bright future in cinema if he can avoid getting typecasted.

I Am Number Four - Just awful....this was Twilight[?] with a sci-fi twist? You could hear Timothy Olyphant ask for his check after they killed his character off. Which, by the way, being the huge Timothy Olyphant fan I am...he totally was miscast for this film.

Just Go With It - This was okay, you know, for what it is. The good news is Dave Matthews is an entertaining actor. I kinda did a double take because I was like: "Waiiiit. Sandler is a DMB fan?" Also, I did a shit-my-pants "huuuh" when I realized that the actor who I thought was Nicole Kidman was in fact Nicole Kidman. What are you doing in a film like this, Ms. Kidman?!

My only thought is why is everyone hung up on Jennifer Aniston? She is athletic and looks good for her age...but she doesn't radiate sex goddess and she is not as hot as I think a lot of people portray her to be. I'll take Nicole Kidman over her is all I'm saying.

Rango - I have mixed feelings about this film, but I mostly liked it. It payed a lot of homage to other films and it had a lot of quirk if that's your bag.

Blow Out - I watched this before rolling through season 4 of Dexter...so I wasn't expecting to see John Lithgow playing a bad guy. That's probably my own ignorance, but I digress. The movie was very Hitchcock-esque and I really enjoyed it. Gritty and cutting edge cinematography, some dark humor and an okay story tied that one together nicely.