View Single Post

Re: DC/Marvel at The Animated Movies Thread
Old 04-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: DC/Marvel at The Animated Movies Thread

Gosh, I've been slacking so much with this thread.

Just a few updates, one is I realize I MUST do a Return of the Joker post, as apparently, I didn't do one when I watched it for my Batman Beyond thread either, and that's just wrong since it is such an awesome movie so I will get on that.

Second, is this week's movie was Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman so let's get to that

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman stands as the final film in the TAS universe to star Batman and the last official product related to BTAS/TNBA. (Justice League was still going on at the time, but that isn't all-Batman focused)

With that said, as the title suggests, the movie revolves around the mysterious new Bat-figure, the Batwoman.

There are several suspects and hints that points towards the identity of the Batwoman. And to me this is the film's biggest fault as the mystery is pretty much ruined by the reveal, which just made all the double-guessing pointless in the end.

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but if you have, you know what I mean.

Now the Batwoman is a good guy so this movie also needs some villains, and the quality of the villains isn't the best, but it isn't terrible. You have Rupert Thorne, who looked to have slimmed down. The Penguin, who is okay, but never was a huge fan of him after his turn to being more behind the scenes, and later on Bane.

The fights weren't really that great. The plot is iffy. The villains are decent.

All in all, my recommendation is to PASS.

On the other hand, the DVD comes with Chase Me

Instead of reviewing it or offering a PAss/See/Buy, I'll just show you the Youtube. Its only 6 minutes long. And SO worth it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19qdCEPFz4w

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away