View Single Post

Re: Did We Elect a New President or Not?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Did We Elect a New President or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Let's see...

- Continuation of tax cuts
- Expanding discretionary spending
- Expanding entitlement sending
- Exploding national debt
- Continuing the wars he voted against and ran against
- and now, starting a THIRD war in a Muslim nation with no exit strategy (they won't even target the man who is committing the atrocities)

I didn't like George W. Bush as a President, and I certainly don't like George W. Bush on steroids as President now.
Good luck finding a democrat or republican in politics these days who wouldn't do all of the above listed. Everything listed above was either supported or done by both democrats and republicans in the last 6 years.

I wouldn't call Obama as bad or worse then Bush, based on the fact that Bush caused almost every issue that Obama is facing now (mainly the breaking of the economy by trying to restructure it from the top down instead of the bottom up, and the wars). The only difference between Dems and Republicans to me at this point is that Republicans openly support taking away all entitlements and programs for the poor while openly supporting welfare and extra security for the rich... while Dems claim they're in favor of helping the poor, and claim they're against welfare for the rich and do it anyway.

So lets see
-Bush started 2 wars (one on falst pretense), Obama is about to start one, and is about to end one.
-Bush started the economically insane tax cuts for the rich, and Obama continued it with support from the Republican party.
-The national debt exploded under bush's watch (the buget was balanced when he started), the debt is still bad under Obama's watch, and it was bad before he got in.

And that's just in responce to the points you put. Lets not forget the legacy of Bush: http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0708-27.htm

Is Obama as bad as Bush? No. Is Obama an angel? No. With the incentive structure set up in the country as-is, would anything have been handled differently if Mccain won? Possibly, but as long as the concept of taking from the poor to feed the rich agenda keeps being pushed.. which would have happened under Mccain too... we'd be screwed either way.

Welcome to the new America.