Re: Occupy Wallstreet
Old 11-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #72
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Occupy Wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
To blame the entirety of our woes on corporations is disingenuous at best.
This is why I think #13 and #14 are the biggest issues. I'd also place #8 up there, and #18 to an extent. They make for an incentive structure that's built to cater to the corperations.

-EDIT-

With the above said, can you give an example of something that's not a corperation's fault? I mean, you could blame the government, but their financial incentives to get into office come from large corperations. You could blame the media for not covering things fully/honestly, but they also have financial incentive to feed the corperations. You could blame your average citizens for not stepping up, but they're mis informed by both their government and media and it usually bends their opinion into something that supports large corperations more than themselves.

This is why Occupy Wall Street is nessicary, because trying to get change in a broken system without making a scene doesn't seem to be possible nowadays.

I mean, listen to yourself on the first page: "Well... it's certainly an interesting movement, but without point or purpose, I don't see it going far. There have been comparisons to the tea party, but I doubt it will have a similar political impact."

The 23 declearations have been out there 2 months... and not once was your media or government honest enough to tell you that THIS is the purpose of the movement?? (I'm not going to say none of the big 3 ever mentioned it, but I guarantee the ratio is probably 1:100 or more for times the declarations were mentionned vs the times it was mentioned that this movement has no meaningful purpose) And this movement is much bigger than the Tea Party one, MUCH bigger. Yet it's so under played that it makes one wonder if corperations are really in favor of the tea party movement on some level.

Last edited by TheGame : 11-28-2011 at 11:59 PM.