View Single Post

Re: Green Lantern
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #37
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Green Lantern

I enjoyed Green Lantern. It isn't the best comic book movie I've ever seen, but its far from the worst as well.

-I thought all the leads did a pretty decent job with their character. Sure, some will say that Hal wasn't completely Hal and Sinestro gets about as much screen-time as an extended cameo, but I thought all the characters were consistent in their roles.
-The time on Oa/constructs, and really this is the reason I just want it to do well enough for a sequel. I expected it would be light on both since it is an origin tale, but it showed a lot of promises and I thought some creative constructs in the movie.
-The costume. Aside from the mask. I actually thought it was pretty sweet and different. I liked how it glowed differently depending on his power output.
-The Corps, granted, we only saw snapshots of a few of the members, but again something I expect them to expand in a possible sequel
-Amanda Waller, I enjoy the character. While she didn't come off as evil/conning as her JLU counterpart, I do hope she becomes the DC equivalent of Nick Fury in these movies.

Now there was a ton wrong with the movie too
-The plotting/pacing was all over the place. I thought the scene with Hal's family was almost entirely pointless since they are never really seen again. I still don't know how he found Hector in the lab. When he went to Oa to beg the Guardians for help, but decided to do it on his own anyhow.
-The mask still needs some work
-A lot of the action scenes just seemed to be cut short.
-The annoying best friend
-For a world/universe that is so rich and different than most other comics, it was pretty much ur standard run of the mill origin tale.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away