Re: First Presidential Debate
Old 10-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #58
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: First Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
It's not about winning debates, it's about winning the election, and polls continue to tighten in swing states even after Romney "lost" the last two debates. Momentum for Romney has slowed a bit, but it is still with his campaign. In fact, if current polls remain stable and momentum dies all together, Romney is likely to win the popular vote but get "Al Gored" and lose the electoral college and presidency. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a second term...
You're right, it's about being elected. You don't think the polls would have ended up any differently if Romney/Ryan would have 'won' the last 3 debates? They didn't win, and that's just one of the reasons why they're still sitting behind and likely won't win the election.

I'm not saying Romney didn't have his reasons for his preformance in the 3rd debate, just like Obama may have had his reasons for the 1st one. It's just that an L is an L... no matter what, Romney/Ryan could be potentially doing better if they would have won.

Also to clarify, I was referrng to the downplay by mainstream media, not nessicarily by you. It's just funny how they try to look at all the positives of a loss when they want to keep things close and interesting. Since Obama came into the debates much futher ahead, the media was quick to paint him as a loser so that things would be closer and look more unpredictable.