Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #148
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post

Personally I don't find that fair. Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and Generic Showtime Show C aren't based on comic books. Now granted I don't know how well Walking Dead is sticking to the comic book story, but I assume they're probably just presenting the comic book to a wider audience, rather than making a completely new show where the writers have total freedom, like they do in those shows you mentioned. I don't know.
I agree with that to an extent, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I feel that many scenes aren't acted well and many entire episodes aren't paced well. If it wasn't going to translate well into the hour-long TV format from a comic book, then they shouldn't have made it.

You've said you've enjoyed the suspense, and obviously the show needs these slower scenes, but I just don't think I care much about the other characters. I feel like Shane and Rick are interesting, but the dynamics between the other main characters doesn't do much for me. And when long stretches are focused on those characters...I dunno, I kind of lose interest.

I kind of think that first episode could have been 45 or 60 minutes rather than 90 and it probably would've been better.

Again, I like the show, just don't really love it...Or understand why it gets the ratings and critical acclaim. It's just okay, not great, but that's just me.