View Single Post

Re: Dual Wielding Episode 1: Going Where All Men Have Gone Before
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #192
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Dual Wielding Episode 1: Going Where All Men Have Gone Before

My thoughts on it, it was a solid attempt at a first episode.

Like with Nerds on the Rocks, some technical issues hampered the episode.

SoccerAnt's mic was a bit odd, sounded like was fidgeting with it the entire time.
Uber still sounds a bit hollow when he speaks.
I think Default sounded fine.

Segments just kind of ended. People would finish a sentence and then music would play. I found that a bit odd.

The first segment was a bit of a drag, as it seems like not everyone played the other's game, which I think is fine, but next time I think should share what games talking about ahead of time so the other 2-3 can do some research and have a general idea about the game.

I thought the second segment really picked up as they started interacting more often, it it flowed better.

And by the 3rd segment, they really seemed to hit their groove. I expect more of that interaction during the whole cast.

As for personal criticisms, I guess just Uber has a tendency to be quiet for extended periods of time, I know don't want to talk over people nor want to talk nonsense, but there were stretches were almost forgot he was in the podcast.

I think Soccerant works well as the host, and he seemed to keep everyone on track. I think there was like one instance where he cut Uber off when was making a point and kind of forced to move onto a new conversation.

Default, again spoke a lot quieter than expected, but other than that was fine.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

Also dug the music, and the fade in at the beginning. Yes, I realize slightly bias since I picked all the tracks, but still.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away