View Single Post

Over/Under: Significant Other
Old 04-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Over/Under: Significant Other

I liked BaB's idea of reflecting on popular cultural beacons. I actually liked the editorial idea so much that I thought it would be a fun edition to the music board. I figure I'll try one out every week or two, this should be easier than doing music reviews and I figure I'll get more participation.

With that said....today's album is:

Limp Bizkit - Significant Other

Why choose this album? Well for one, I'm sure 90% of the people here have heard this album. Also, this album was incredibly popular at the time of its release, but with what seemed like each following year Limp Bizkit became less and less popular. This album was around for at least 2 or 3 years though. I remember hearing Nookie on the radio, Break Stuff and Rearranged. That is 3 huge singles.

Yesterday, on a whim, I decided to download this album because I had the song Nobody Like You stuck in my head. The song features Jonathan Davis from Korn, and I think it is pretty impressive for a song to get stuck in my head from 1999.

Yeah, this album came out in 1999. It is in the much loved/hated category of "rap-rock" but really it is just a nu-metal release.

That said, is this album over/under?