View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #1285
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Hopefully it doesn't stay with, the same way A Dangerous Method does.

I won't be able to see Knightly in any role without her squirm-worthy Russian butchery, jaw-thrusting its intrusion into my cinematic escape. I've never seen over-acting to such a degree, requiring me to believe that her character in fact was acting the entire childhood trauma like a stubborn crackhead playing the motions of a forced rehab session. It's that bad.

The cinematography is great though, and Vigo as Freud makes me chuckle. Any depiction of Freud makes me chuckle. It's as if Cronenberg went with the idea of portraying archetypes for each character and drawing artistic merit from this cigar-every-scene idea. From the opening scene with Jung and his wife, the discontent is pushed too much and becomes an unfortunate source of supplementary melodrama. ugggggh

I love Cronenberg, and I have yet to see his earlier films such as Videodrome and Existenz but I prefer to pretend that they were all on the rye when putting this psychologists' self-pet movie premise to lens, to hard drive, to theatre and finally to my marketing-sensitive unfortunate brain.

It was quite similar to that Coco Chanel movie of recent, where the draw is spousal misadventure with the grand finale of depressing, predictable belief in the sole-inity of human experience.

I want to see Shame.

Moneyball. I really liked it. I love baseball. shit

Let the Bullets Fly - was supposed to be the best Chinese action film of the year. Didn't make it through. Probably lost the 'comedy' point through awful translation.