View Single Post

Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests
Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests

Quote:
I honestly don't know how the Catholic Church recovers from this or how regular ground-level Catholics who weren't involved in any of this can rebuild the institution.
People should be smart enough to blame those involved, and not the religion as a whole.

I mean, it's an easy fix. All you have to do is not molest children. It's not splitting an atom or anything. It's just self-control that a select few people don't have.

This situation reminds me 100% of the South Park episode though. Good times.

Anyways, like I said - I don't think the "Catholic Faith" will have to recover from this. Not in the eyes of Catholics. In the eyes of everyone else, sure. But what do they matter to Catholics - they aren't part of Catholicism. Catholic parents need to not be so trusting of their priest just because he's a priest. People are still people, regardless of how close they want to be with God.

Quote:
ts the fact that a trusted and presumably moral organization has gone to great lengths to cover it up and harbor felons.
100% agree.
The Pope should immediately be de-Poped.
But since he's the pope, and everything he does is considered the will of God, maybe God wanted him to harbour felons.
I'm clearly joking, for the record.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.