Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post
Crazy Republicans talking about killing Obama, own 4 different automatic rifles and shoot up schools and grocery stores. Republicans will try to deny this but it is true.
I'm trying to figure out what you are talking about. What Republicans have shot up schools and grocery stores? I'm trying to imagine Mitt Romney with an AK-47 and I can't stop laughing... I think you are lumping lot of fringies in with Republicans, when they aren't really Republicans at all, just as Black Panthers, Weather Underground, and ELF aren't really Democrats. They abandoned the two party system years ago and have joined their own parties based on anger and conspiracy.

When you have a two party system the fringes will always be a part of each party because there is no realistic alternative. The only saving grace is that they never have enough sway to dominate the parties.

For example, there are three major issues in republican politics: Fiscal, Social, and Security. You need to have 2 of the 3 to get the nomination. Right now Romney is strong with fiscal, moderate with security and weak with social. Santorum is strong with social, moderate with security, and weak on fiscal (although he is trying to catch up). Paul is strong on fiscal, but weak on security and social issues (this is why he has a predestined cap and will never get the nomination, and he knows it).

Bush won re-election because he was strong on social and security issues, and seemed moderate on fiscal at the time. In comparison, McCain was strong on security, was weak on social issues, and when the economy flopped in 2008 he was eviscerated on fiscal issues. Hence, his defeat.