BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: DC/Marvel at The Animated Movies Thread

And here comes the end of week 2

Batman/Mr. Freeze: Subzero

Quote:
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero is a direct-to-video animated feature film based on Batman: The Animated Series and is a stand-alone sequel to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. It won the Annie Award for Best Home Video Animation.

It was delayed for a time, due to the critical disaster of Batman & Robin, a live-action Batman film also featuring Mr. Freeze as the primary antagonist. The movie was both a critical and commercial success.
The Movie
Mr. Freeze is one of the most compelling and unique characters during the entire stint of B: TAS, and one of the main reasons was that Timm and Co never used him useless necessary. This marks, his 3rd appearance in the series, and his character starts to turn a bit.

In Heart of Ice, and his second appearance, Mr. Freeze is never really evil, he has some justifications in his actions. In this movie, I mean I know his wife is suffering, but his actions are pretty evil and selfish so there's no way around it.

And Mr. Freeze's attempt to help his wife drives the extent of the movie, which works, but on the same hand, it forces like half the movie to be climax.

And that's what makes it a bit off to me, I think that the Freeze character is watered down just a bit, and his next appearance in TNBA is iffy.

Memorable Moment
Its tough to really pick a stand-out moment for the movie, it was a good movie, just nothing great.

Though guess would lean towards discovering the song that Batgirl's' roommate was listening to when she got called, is the same song Batman sings in This Little Piggy.

Recommendation
Check the movie out. Especially if you can find the double pack with Mask. Also when you consider that this was a companion to Batman and Robin, well yeah one turned out well, the other we avoid talking about.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away