View Single Post

Re: Holy Cows Spiderman 4 Canned, Raimi/Maguire Quit
Old 12-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #54
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Holy Cows Spiderman 4 Canned, Raimi/Maguire Quit

The point of the reboot is to go dark, right?

Spidey 1 and 2 absolutely fell apart in the CGI department and are hilariously bad. But the "comic feel" is pretty good. It seems like the best Marvel movies are the ones injected with tons of humor: Ironman was hilarious, The Avengers movie coming out looks to be hilarious.

I've said it like 14 times on this very forum, but the reason why Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are both so good is because they picked pretty "realistic" villains and they DON'T SHOW A TON OF FIGHTING. There's a lot of regular, non-CGI stunts in the Dark Knight. The whole bank scene at the beginning is brilliant cinematography and will look just as good in 50 years as it does today. We will see how Nolan handles Catwoman...but different thread.

Anyway, I don't understand why we don't go with The Kingpin. Dark, logical, human...and a serious foil in the Spidey universe. The problem with Spiderman is the villains are hugely CGI dependent. But...Hellboy was great and has held up well. I think they used a lot of body suites and real props. I love that movie.

Also, a dark Spiderman reboot beckons a dark symbiote story arc. Where is the Carnage that kills people left and right. Put that guy on screen.

I still have mixed feelings about this reboot.