View Single Post

Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]
Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling that you had these thoughts long before you ever heard of Michele Bachman?
I really didn't. Not to this degree. I have family in the US. Republican family. We get along great!

But.

Quote:
Keep in mind, Michele Bachman lost horribly and dropped out while a moderate pragmatist is in the lead in national polls, and a former front runner is "blacker" than our current president, to use you terminology. Santorum is next to fall, because he only seems to do well when people can't hear him speak.
I wasn't really alluding to Republicans as a whole, or all Republican Politicians, just the ones that are up today (Because all them honestly seem to be caricatures of jokes [Seemingly Unfaithful Black Guy, Flip-Flopping Mormon, Palin v2.0, Rick Santorum]). I was basically just raging about the extreme Republicans, the people who actually vote for those Grade-A Jive Turkeys [And those Turkeys themselves]. I don't like extremism on either side. I hate hippies, too. I totally hate hippies. Creep me out. Get a job. Help the economy.

Quote:
I mean, making blanket statements about Republicans being racist bigots who only care about evil rich people is nothing new... Just do a forum search in the politics section.
Despite the fact that you're Republican, can you honestly say that the Republicans [The main few, not all of them, I'm sure some of the failing ones have some good ideas; they just don't love God or hate non-whites enough <--This is joke, comrade] that are up for Possible-Presidency today care about anything other than simply getting in charge for the sake of getting in charge, or gain for Republicans alone?

I'm not ignorant to the fact it happens in other countries and other parties. It's not like I think Political Asshole-ishness is compartmentalized to the extreme American Republicans alone. But can you honestly say that there is one Republican up there that cares about, and will try improving your country for 100% of it's population? I haven't seen one Republican speech from one of those four horseman where they wanted to lower taxes for the poor, spread education, make healthcare affordable for even the people who can't afford it. I'm not saying they haven't said that, or they don't think it - just that's not what anyone is focusing on. It's all "I love God more than my republican friend here, who isn't very Republican by the way. I also think we should get Obama out of the White House. We need good Republican values back in charge."

But really, I was just raging on the people who back those clowns. Because I know those politicians might be more moderate than they make themselves seem, but they have to concentrate their Republican-ness for campaigning - what bugs me is that it works, and that there are full-grown adults who share such bigoted views on the world, as if it should be run exactly how it was in the goold 'ol days when they grew up, the 40's/50's. And I'm aware old-bigots are old-bigots because they grew up in bigoted time where it was all the rage. But it's the 90's. Some people need to get with the times. Everyone is equal; black, white, jew, mormon, child, adult, sick, healthy, educated, uneducated. We're a'll people. Billions of us, all the same.

Politics as a whole these days disgusts me. And while there no doubt are many shady Democrats who own shady corporations who launder money and break the law for self-financial gain- but you seriously can't disagree that there are more Republican candidates over the years who happen to own corporations, or have CEO positions in for-profit organizations - unless you're going to make the argument that Democrats are just better at hiding the paperwork.

But to be clear, Michele Bachmann and Rick Scrotorum just irked me this morning. Set me over the edge. I've had my tea and smoked my joint. My rage has subsided.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.