View Single Post

Re: New Fall TV SHOWS!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:
Default Re: New Fall TV SHOWS!

So I might as well save you guys the trouble of seeing The Event and Chase. NBC has struck out with both of them. The Event seems to be an attempt to recreate Lost. The difference is even when Lost got stupid, it still had decently written and acted characters. Not so much with The Event. It's just a whole lot of people asking, "What's going on?!" while others intone "The truth is out there...but I can't tell you."

Meanwhile, Chase is a police procedural that's about as subtle as a two by four to the face. In fact, a couple too many blows to the head may explain how some of the characters act on the show. If a dangerous fugitive who has killed multiple people jumps into a river, the thing to do is not to jump in after him. Why not just stay high and dry on land and wait for him to tire out? The only reason the main characters survive is the guest characters are even dumber. It's sort of a new twist on police procedurals since it's all about chasing down a fugitive, but it offers no insight into how the U.S. Marshals do what they do.

Let's hope Under Covers fares better than this.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed