Re: First Presidential Debate
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: First Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
He thinks that Obama was baiting Romney into talking too much on purpose, so the media can discuss what Romney said and debunk it themselves. He compared it to a boxing match where someone's using a 'rope a dope' strategy, and letting them win the first rounds.
If this is the plan, it's a mistake. Americans can't stand weakness, and regardless of his advantage of having a cheerleader media behind him, Pres. Obama looked weak and that will work against him with voters on a subconscious level. He needs to be aggressive next round or he might be done. Romney has already closed the gap, or moved slightly ahead, in many swing states. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Quote:
And as I expected, Obama got dinged for not telling the 'complete truth' about jobs growth in his time in office. But like I said, I think a better strategy then ignoring what happened in the first 10 months of his presidency would be to blame it on the republican and Bush ran congress. Anyone with any sense can't blame him for 750k jobs being lost per month as he was being sworn in. The unemployment rate sky rocketed to 10% in that first year, and its back down to like 8% now.
It' actually below 8%, but most serious analysts continue to believe our employment situation is getting worse, not better. The problem is the unemployment rate on surveys those who are actively searching for work. If you follow the labor participation rate, we are at the lowest point since 1980 or so. As the graph below shows, participation has continued to plummet under Pres. Obama. http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

What is the reason why participation has dropped while unemployment has gotten better? People have given up, and/or their unemployment benefits have expired. I won't even get into underemployment or forced early retirement...

Last edited by Professor S : 10-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.