View Single Post

Re: Paul Ryan
Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Paul Ryan

Prof,

You're right there is a kernel o truth, but they twist it into something way more vicious and extreme than it really is. People who take what they say litterally think Obama is guting the life out of Medicare and trying to give out more welfare to lazy people... You and I know that's just misrepresenting what is actually happening, but your average guy who just kicks back and watches Fox news doesn't know.

And Republicans DID tie him to domestic terror... LMAO. That doesn't change the fact that Romney misrepresented himself.

As for the taxes... I know he has his reasons to hide it, but he should just be upfront about it. That expectation comes with the territory. Just have it out in the open, explain it.. boom issue dead. He's getting exactly what he has coming by him hiding the records. (And I notice you didn't comment on the birther thing, which was 1000x worse...)

And the ad was only ran on TV once.. idk about youtube or anything.. but in the end Obama didn't approve the ad. But of course, that's an example of the inside lobed soft ball. An ad that indirectly makes romney responsible for someone not being able to afford their healthcare (and that isn't even approved by Obama) turns into "OMG OBAMA ACCUSED ROMNEY OF MURDER".

Quote:
I don't mean to be partisan here. Both sides are guilty of advertising that stretches the truth, or breaks it completely, but to say the Republicans are somehow uniquely guilty of this in this election cycle isn't accurate, IMO.
The Republican party is the strong/aggressive party, the Democratic party is the weak/passive party. To me it's not equal. I don't think the end result of getting Obama or Romney into office is going to make a difference, because they're both corporatists and both going to continue to lead the country down the wrong path.

If you want me to go back to youtube and drag some stuff up I can. Democrats don't use that kinda alarming/hateful langage. On the issues where it counts, I'm not even saying what side is right or wrong... but c'mon you have to admit that it's not even.

Last edited by TheGame : 08-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.