View Single Post

Re: Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page
Old 02-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page

That depends on how you want to view the sound and the genre of music. I think they're only called 'folk rock' because they have similar styles to 'folk' artists, but that doesn't really mean folk music is any different than any other genre of music.

If you're making a rock album, you need to connect to the people who listen to rock music, same with rap, hip hop etc.

Just because it's in the 'folk' genre of music, doesn't really mean it should have to be rough, uncut, and not produced in the same way other bands are produced. It would seem a little weird for you to go out of your way not to make the best possible sounding record that you can make, for the money you have. If that means you're in the folk genre, but your record will be perfectly polished, I personally don't see anything wrong with that. "Folk music" now is just more of a sound. If it has acoustic guitars, and the rhythm changes a no less than 3 times in the song, then it's considered 'folk' music. Personally, I think 90% of what's called 'folk music' these days is 'pop'.

For the record, I'm not harping on you, I'm just ranting.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.