View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 08-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #1410
Seth
wants a yacht

Now Playing: BF4, PubG, MrioKrt7, CS:GO, BF1942, AssettoCorsa
Default Re: Last movies you saw

[book diversion cuz of Cloud Atlas]

I've had a couple friends recommend Cloud Atlas. Don't know anything about it except your general abstract. Reincarnation? I read a tetrology by Yukio Mishima back in 2004/5. He committed public seppuka after finishing the fourth book as a protest regarding the Japanese political situation. Probably wanted autonomy but I'm not sure. Anyway, I highly recommend it. It delves into reincarnation but not so heavily that the theme becomes overbearing. An amazing author and I can only imagine how much of his syntax and style was lost in translation. [/diversion]

Going Berserk - John Candy flick from the early 80's. It was bad as can be imagined but not a total failure. Some weird mind control elements gave it a unique, retroactive glimpse of the popular concept of mkultra types of hypnosis. Think zoolander or manchurian only no budget and one true hollywood star in the cast. I'd say skip unless you love Candy ass

Knuckleball - 2012 documentary about Tim Wakefield and R.A. Dickey. I'm a big Jays fan because I came into larger consciousness back in 1992,93. Dickey is fun to watch. I saw all three games in Seattle this week and had a great time. I've been practicing my knuckleball since viewing.

Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai - Recent Takashi Miike film that is a remake of the Seppuka (1962) film by Kobayashi. Great. Cathartic to the nines. Both films are brilliant examples of a simple premise that utilizes flashback perfectly. So sad, but good.

Everything Must Go - a great Will Ferrel movie that doesn't get typically goofy. In the same vein as Stranger Than Fiction.