Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #315
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Not great, but still very good.

I wouldn't call it "great" when compared to an actual show which is attempting to portray real life (or a re-enactment of a real-life scenario), [I would call it great as a show - but I can't call it great when compared to Breaking Bad, yet each show is equally entertaining.] but it seems to me (Maybe it's just me justifying the bad acting/writing this way) like the show is written and acted like a comic book. There's a lot of one-liners in there, and visual moments that would lend well to a panel or two. A lot of under-the-breath comments you'd expect from a comic, rather than having the person just think it in their head.
It just seems to me like occasionally in all the good writing and good acting, they throw in some campy homage to comic books and the genre in general, or maybe directly to the comic itself.

But the thing is, I really don't mind it. Even if that's not at all the case - it works for me.

And (I believe it was Strangie) who said they're not supposed to be "real" characters yet, they're archtypes of human emotion/humanity. I think that became abundantly clear last episode (If it hadn't been already) with Dale.

I also loved the highly metaphorical scene of everyone contemplating killing the kid in a democratic fashion, while only Dale was the voice of reason. Everyone is okay to have the boy die, but nobody is willing to stand around and watch. So when Dale is laying there ripped open by a walker on the ground, they all gathered around to watch him be murdered (essentially), while nobody talked about if it was the right decision or not. Because when you know, you just know. Not to mention the beauty juxtaposition between them all fearing the living tied-up child. while the only person who doesn't fear him wanders off and is torn open by the real danger, while they were all contemplating murder.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.