View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 08-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #56
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Two movies I saw recently. First off I saw Crash for the first time. I have to say I didn't really enjoy it. I mean, I know it won best picture and everything, but to me it just seemed like a movie with a bunch of racist people doing racist things in order to tell me that racism sucks. There was only one character (out of, like, friggin' twenty) that I can say I really liked. The rest were racist pigs, or just pigs if not racist. And what's up with every single character, not previously having known each other, suddenly running into each other and doing racist things around each other within 36 hours? The locksmith fices the lock at the Persian's place and the DA's place whose maid is the mother of a cop who is partner's with Don Cheadle whose brother hangs out with Ludacris who carjacks both a) the previously mentioned DA and b) this TV director guy whose wife is sexually molested and later has her life saved by this racist LAPD cop, whose partner later saves the TV director and Ludacris from being shot by racist cops, but then later shoots Don Cheadle's brother. I mean, geez. You'd think LA ad a larger population then 10 people, but not in this movie.

My biggest problem with this movie, though, was the Middle Eastern guy. Crash is supposed to be against racism, but this is the one character who has no real good points at all. I mean, even the racist pigs do good stuff. The Middle Eastern guy almost kills a little girl while trying to kill her father just because he didn't listen and get his door fixed like he sould have. I just don't get how the director can be telling us this racism sucks message while conveniently portraying the Middle Eastern guy as a raving, crazy, murderous luncatic.

Anyway, I didn't like it.

Superbad was funny, though.

Current Review: Xenogears