Re: Last movies you saw
Old 01-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #115
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasecret View Post
I saw No Country for Old Men. I loved the acting and the storytelling, but the themes were a bit lost on me. But it's one of those movies that you know they're there, if you just look a little deeper and really listen to every bit of dialogue and ponder a little longer those lingering camera shots that you just know are there for a reason.

I loved the movie, but it's definitely one that requires multiple viewings. The character of Anton -- chilling.
I liked it a little bit better than Fargo. And yes, repeat viewings do help. Some of the dialect used slipped past me on the first viewing.

As for Sunshine...the movie was a mess. The Cinematography was fantastic, but the plot was horribly assembled. Danny Boyle is officially suspect in my book. 28 Days Later was going strong until about 2/3s of the way through, and so was Sunshine. The Event Horizon-eque plot twist was not needed. In fact, the movie could have been a great character study but instead it went for the cheap thrills which in turn did not work. However, it was good science fiction (although highly implausible). And again, purdy camera work and special effects.

I recommend Juno. Fans of Jason Bateman and Michael Cera (Arrested Development) will be happy.