Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: Game of Thrones Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S View Post
Can we please discuss the series
Futile.
Someone will shout "But in the books...".

That's my main "problem" with watching the show. Sometimes the people I'm with will comment about how a certain scene "isn't in the books", or "It didnt happen like that in the book".

I feel like saying "No, of course not. This is not a book. Please pay more attention to the understanding of a 50 minute timeslot and the idea of attempting constant viewing entertainment attempting to draw in paying customers every week while also filling in storylines, and revising certain things in the story that the writer didn't specifically care for so you're simply not watching 50 minutes of in-a-characters-head-dialogue explaining his stance on what's happening."

The best comment was made when I was watching it on the weekend:

Person A: "Where's his [John Snow] wolf? He was everywhere in the book."
Person B: "I don't know. Probably off not wasting the CGI budget."

Anyways, I thought it was a good episode. I think they all are. I haven't really been let down yet.
I've heard people bitch and complain that the dragons weren't stolen in the books.
Having not read the book, I say: tough shit.
I'd rather watch what they put in, than watch her play with her dragons and talk about how much she loves them for those 17 minutes.
But she'll get her dragons back anyhow.

--------------
I'll make future predictions, as a non-book reader and show-lover.
When I'm thinking about what will happen in the show, I try to apply real medieval thinking to it. Because it seems clear this is written more like faux-fantasy-histroy, and less like "These characters you're reading about/watching are invincible" as in normal stories/shows. There might be invincible characters, but just because you've got the perspective of a character doesn't mean that person won't die. Everyone is mortal but those who are not - rather than everyone is immortal but those who are not.

It seems clear that the Starks are all fucked. That seems like a theme of the show; is that the Starks are the glue that held Westeros together (metaphorically, not through actions.) and once Geoffrey had Ned killed; the kids spread out for vengeance/to flee [making them easier to pick apart and kill. Divide and conquer]- the armies will clash and destroy eachother - which will then cause the empire to be weak to attack from some dragons, or an attack from wildings and/or some other small-army-turned-opportunist. And all that magic shit, and walkers and all that. The people will pick themselves apart with petty fights, and then once magic demons spring forth, they'll all get their faces raped with demon-dicks. All the people leading armies are typically young men who (I believe) don't remember the last winter they had [And if they're not young men who don't remember winter, they're angry adults with blinders on]. And apparently winter is horribly terrifying - so they're not thinking about what will come in winter, they're thinking about pointless shit that won't matter once winter comes.

I think one of the only Starks that won't be harmed is Rickon. That kid is clearly magic (and his sister. Forget her name). He has magic dreams and shit. Same with the girl. But she's too into Lannister shit, she'll probably either die or be an opportunistic traitor. There was a lot of emphasis on legacy and family history and all that when he was talking to her. Maybe she'll be brainwashed and treat him like a father figure in time, or just act like she is so she can get a sword in him.
I also don't consider John Snow to be a Stark, because he is a Snow. So I'm not including him in the "I think all the Starks are basically boned" idea. He's got some wildling in him, so he'll probably try to get in with them to get back to his people. maybe he'll outright join them. Nothing has happened to give me a clear way to speculate, really. Magic or not - I'm applying the idea that these people are humans, and have the human desire to survive through opportunistic lying. Much like everyone who gained power in medieval Europe.

I think Sansa (or whatever) will get pregnant with the cunty-kings kid. But I have a feeling that makes her immediately doomed because the people will want to gut the Lannister family of Geoffrey's bloodline.

And for the love of God if you're read the books, don't comment on predictions. Right or wrong, because either way you're giving a definite answer. Speculation is the fun part.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.