Re: Citizenship at Birth
Old 08-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #38
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Citizenship at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
So explain to me exactly how removing the incentive of birth will suddenly change all of this, and make it so Central Americans are on par with the wages of North America [while being in their own countries], removing the main draw.
1) As I put in my last post, changing the birth right won't change "ALL" of this. That is obviously not the only reason they come here, but it's one reason they do, and something that easilly can be squashed. The vast majority of the other world powers don't allow this, why should we? I understand why it was put into place, but it's a new age and we have new problems to deal with.

2) Wadges would not have to be the same for the environment here to be worse then being in central america. But some laws may need to be tweaked.

For example, the penalty for harboring illegal immigrants, hireing them, and housing them should be worse. All of them should include jail time. There should be little/no incentive for anyone to hire an illegal, even for normal under-the-table things like mowing lawns etc.

The only reason the environment here is better for illegals is because society makes it better. A study needs to be done on how they make their living here, and that needs to be gutted to the point where they can't make a living here. The drug war plays into this too. You can keep fighting them forever, or try to kill their will to fight. As long as the grass is too green on this side of the fence for illegals, they're going to keep fighting, and people are going to keep slipping through the cracks.