Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests
Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #50
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: The Pope Covered Up Pedophile Priests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantar View Post
At the very least, that's not what I'm saying. What I suggested earlier is that if the Cardinals had been fathers, they would not have been able to look the other way in cases of pedophilia. Never mind how bad it makes the Church look. Having children changes you, and if you have a bunch of old virgins gathered in a room disconnected from every day life, they are going to come to very different decisions about what to do with scandals like these compared with men (and women) who have families.
That's true, but when you say that, it implies that people with families and who aren't disconnected from every day life like preists do not molest children... but they still do. And I'm sure there are plenty of preists (if not the VAST majority) who are old virgins and who are disconnected who have never molested a child.

Children will get molested no matter what, regardless of environment..

The incentive to keep it under wraps for political/reputation reasons is the real problem. That's why they turn the other way.. Not because they're freaks who are disconnected from reality, and somehow rationalized why their brothers are touching on little kids.