View Single Post

Re: Horror Movie Month (My Name is Bruce)
Old 12-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #56
manasecret
aka George Washington

Now Playing: CSS
Default Re: Horror Movie Month (My Name is Bruce)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Germanator View Post
See, this is the most compelling thing about Paranormal Activity I've read yet.
But look how many personal steps it took you to be scared of the movie. It's like it was made for your life, and made it more personal, and hence more scary.

I love psychology and if/when I go back to school that's probably what I'll study and what you bring up about possession is super interesting. I was talking to a friend last night and he was saying one of his friends back in Pakistan had a 1-year old child who started speaking perfect English to them (which he was never taught). He was terrified about the idea of possession and that's why he thought the movie was scary as well.

My problem with PA is that I guess I couldn't quite relate as much. Maybe it's because I saw it when I was 12, but I give the Exorcist credit for really scaring me. I think the element of a defenseless/innocent young girl gives it that extra edge.

Anyway, I still am not a fan, but I at least see where you guys are coming from.

I'm still not sure if anything will ever get it as right as The Shining did. That's my favorite horror film for sure.
I just stayed at the Stanley Hotel, where as I'm sure you guys know Mr. King got his inspiration. The story is, he arrived there on the last day when everyone was going home for the winter season, and the staff partied hard with him that last night. Then they gave him the keys, said make yourself at home, stay as long as you like, eat and drink as much as you want since they'll have to replace everything in the spring anyway, just lock up when you leave. Then, in his stupor, he experienced some very strange things...

I stayed in a "haunted" room, room 417, while I was there. All I can say is, if any paranormal activity occurred, we slept right through it.

So did you or did you not like Blair Witch? I'm assuming no because of your opinion on PA.