Thread: Nation States
View Single Post

Nation States
Old 08-31-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Nation States

So, I found this pretty neat "game." Its like a government simulation type thing. You make your own country and participated in this "world," which consists of every single other person who has made a country.

As the ruler of the cojntry, you have to deicde (or, you know, ignore) various issues that your "people" (aka the program) sets before you. Your decisions affect exactly what kind of government you have (democracy, dictatorship, etc.) and how happy your people are.

But from what I've seen, the real meat of the whole thing is the interaction with other countries. You join regions and participate in that form of government by debating and voting on laws and such. It really works so that, if the game were the United States, the individual nations would be states and the regions would be the nation as a whole.

There's no real war, though. Not in the program. There is supposed to be someway that regions can invade other regions for political reasons, but I haven't really figured that out yet...

There is also a UN that you can join. I haven't really delved into this one too much, so I can't really explain that....

The game seems really interesting. I've only been a part of it for a couple of days so I can't really explain many of the super details, but it seems to be fun. I'm still not entirely sure how much of it is straight role-playing (like, the policies don't really affect your country, but you pretend they do) or how much of it is "real" (like, policies actually do stuff)... But either way its good.

So, if any of you want to join the address is: Nation States This doesn't get me any points or money or anything in the game, so don't worry about that.

If anybody wants to check out my little nation (just if you're curious):The Kingdom of Ginkasa

If enough of you join, we could maybe start our own region....

/me shrugs and walks away

Current Review: Xenogears