View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 AM   #206
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

If they kill Daryl I'm pretty sure I'm done with the show. Rick continues to suck at acting, and the Rick-Lori-Shane drama is so over the top it borders on Telenovela Soap Opera.

It shouldn't really be a surprise though. Norman Reedus made Boondock Saints enjoyable. His resume includes acting in an over-the-top role and making it funny, serious, and believable. He is the only character on the Walking Dead who isn't totally forcing the cheese, going way over the top, or sucking ass. I enjoy his acting, his character, and his time on screen.

In my honest opinion, Daryl has filled Rick's role on the TV show. In the comic, Rick had hallucinations and spiritual epiphanys. He saw darkness but he was a real survivor.

In the TV show...Rick is a punk ass, whiny BITCH. In the words of Jesse Pinkman...haha. Seriously though. So far Rick's character is a vehicle for forced drama. He is an obnoxious, archetype character. The writers have basically written Rick into a corner and I don't know if they will be able to un-fuck him.

I don't find Rick's character remotely believable...or enjoyable to watch...or anything like the comic character. So why is he in the TV show again?

What I liked:

--> The Post-Apocalyptic intro

--> Maggie is so hot. So hot. That short hair...T&A...holy crap. I would do things to her illegal in most Mormon states.

--> The barn. What is that? The first interesting plot point this season? Yay!

--> Hershel vs. everyone.

--> Hershel is psycho. They've done a good job with his character. I guess the writers occasionally hit the right note....

--> Daryl. I love Daryl.

--> Merle. This was brilliant. Genius. I love the ambiguity too...like he could be alive (99% unlikely since he had both hands...) but he is probably a crazy hallucination. But you have to think he is still alive based on the house scene from last episode.

What was bad:

--> The Intro was really fucking dark. This is not the first time too. The Otis/Shane scenes were very dark. They need to get better lighting people. I know they cut the funding on the show, but they shouldn't do dark scenes if the lighting is going to suck.

--> The intro scene was clearly the same highway scene from the last few episodes. Again, I get the budget issues...but I had a hard time suspending disbelief.

--> Who the fuck is the new guy helping them out? Where did he come from? Oh, it's Jimmy! Well we better clear that with Hershel. /eyeroll

--> Sophia - the search for really boring TV continues...now with dramatic music and intense dialog between Rick and Shane! And fucking snakes! Sophia has to be the worst plot point ever. It's sad that Shane is the only character preaching common sense. There is a 99% chance she is dead. If she isn't dead, it's not worth saving her because she already proved that she is a stupid character who is too stupid to just chill under a car. If not now, she will certainly fall to Darwin soon.

--> Dale: "Jesus, Glenn! What were you thinking."
Glenn: "I have a penis." or "Have you seen Maggie?" or "Dude you're going to be banging Andrea in 4 episodes, chill out."

Well, that's what I would have said.

--> When did Andrea get a gun? Why is she such a dumb cunt? Can someone shoot her in the face? Jeez.
First rule of gun training - DON'T POINT AT THINGS UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO DIE

This is why we don't give civilian fuck-wits a firearm. That's like zombie rule number 344. I'm keeping track for the real zombie Apocalypse.

To elaborate on this dumb-fuckery, why was a gun used in the first place? It's a single walker, you have pitchforks and stuff. And we already established that the walkers are attracted to sound. Why would you risk firing a gun and making all that noise?

I assume this is just really bad writing. Really bad. Like...is this a FOX TV show bad.

--> "niggers and democrats." Seriously, can we fire the writers again?

CONCLUSION

Final episode grade: B

Conclusion: I enjoyed Daryl, Hershel, and the closing sequence. I feel like the plot moved a little bit, but not enough to warrant 42 minutes of TV Show. Rick, who is central to the comic, has become an obnoxious whiny bitch character. The Rick-Shane-Lori drama continues to border on 11am Soap.