Re: State of Fear
Old 05-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: State of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
I'd arguably say fear is terrorism. Look how popular that phrase "terrorism" has become in the last decade. It's not only synonymous with Muslims and brown people, but explosions in your own country - regardless of where you live.

I don't think the word "terrorism" or "terrorist" should be allowed to be used anymore. The words alone spread fear and terror among the masses.

But I guess that's what is wanted. Keep the people scared, and you keep them yours.

But to answer the question directly, fear will always be the most powerful emotion in existence, and the most widely exploited emotion.
Its in the name: TERRORIST. Their intent is to spread fear, and it looks as if they are successful.

As for outlawing the name, will that make them not exist?

Also, what other "brown people" do we associate terrorism with? Native Americans? Mexicans? Africans? No. It's Arabs (to a lesser extent Persians) and more specifically Muslims in general. Lets not be completely ignorant in our never-ending march towards political correctness and the efforts to paint anyone who disagrees with you as racists.[/step off soapbox]