View Single Post

Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread
Old 11-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #26
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Whatcha Watching? The TV Thread

CHUCK

Chuck will go down as one of the cruelest examples of shafted TV shows. The show has been on the verge of cancellation since Season 2.

Season 1 and 2 were stellar. I thought Season 3 was stellar. Season 4 was really inconsistent and almost unwatchable at times. But I stuck through it. I think I'm the last Chuck fan on these boards.

Season 5 got the green light. A final 13 episodes for Chuck to do its thing and say goodbye. So far, this season has been up there with Season 1 or Season 3. I don't think you can touch the greatness that is Season 2.

The writers on Chuck have proven time and time again that they can write a good show when there is some certainty. Season 4 was a mess and I blame the show's uncertain future.

It makes you wonder where they could have taken this show if the writer's had a clearer path to work with. Maybe not very far. Season 5 has introduced a much needed gimmick to Chuck. The team going solo. Had they done that at the end of Season 3....I think the show might have worked better.

Anyway, I can't quit you Chuck. I'm just too big of a spy geek, and Yvonne Strahovski....soooo hot.

Oh...what am I watching? Walking Dead, It's Always Sunny, bunch of Food Network shows, Modern Family, Dexter, Chuck. Will pick up some more come the new year....Bob's Burgers, Justified, Archer....I need to get back into South Park, I'm out of the loop.