View Single Post

Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #29
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Games that need to be made. Add yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
I like your idea. Like a Commandos style of character strengths, but you are thinking in a first person perspective?
Not a first person thing. I'd say have it play similar to MGS Portable Ops and MGS2. Just straight sneaking, not a first person shoot-em-up.

Quote:
I think the game sounds like it would fit perfectly with a linear single player part of the game that creates backgrounds for the characters. Assuming each character is a specific personality and not, like in game one, user creatable.

I would like to see this game remove itself from special ops flavours, so it carries an aesthetic far different than the standard. I'm thinking more special agent collab instead of swat team or special forces. More of a Bondsy feel.
meh
If it was single player or multi player I think it would be great. And I agree, I'd rather it not be a 'Rainbow 6' feel. I'm thinking more Mission Impossible/James Bond feel too. Both for the multi and single player versions.

MGS has such great gameplay, it's sad that the story was so deep/good that by the time MGS4 hit the game had more emphasis on the story then it did the gameplay. MGS4 even abandoned the idea of sneaking easilly.

I'd like to see a classic MGS style game, with the basic: "Soldier gets dropped in the middle of nowhere on a sneaking mission with limited supplies and gets his orders and guidance from some character via codec/radio" Obviously a good story twist here and there would be good, as long as it drives more gameplay. i.e: MGS2's part where the big shell is rigged with bombs and you have a time limit to go through almost every area to find them and neutralize them.

Last edited by TheGame : 01-24-2012 at 12:28 AM.